Introducing Machine Translation through Cloudwords – When Speed and Cost Effectiveness Are Vital [plus other product news]
04/28/2014 Leave a comment
Cloudwords understands how marketers need to work: Materials are either due now, or yesterday! For the most part, global marketing campaigns have sufficient lead-times, and marketers can invest the time and budget allotted to localize content in the highest quality manner to engage multilingual audiences in key target markets. There are times, however, when content needs to get translated quickly to meet an immediate need, such as posts on social media sites, or an email blast that needs to go out (you guessed it) now. Or, sometimes budgets don’t permit expansion of campaigns into lower-priority markets. Which is why Cloudwords recently introduced Machine Translation, providing yet another translation option for our customers, so they can choose the localization method and model that best fits their content type, timeline, and budget needs.
As a complete marketing globalization platform, Cloudwords provides marketers the tools they need to localize content quickly, professionally, and cost-effectively. Whether customers prefer to localize their content using their own preferred outside translation vendor, or need to find a qualified translation vendor from the Cloudwords marketplace, our platform supports either option. Some companies have their own in-house translators they use—our platform supports that option, too. And now, for situations where content needs to be turned around quickly and/or very at a very low cost, Cloudwords’ Machine Translation capability fits those situations as well.
Why Machine Translation?
Machine Translation technology hasn’t yet reached the quality standards that make it appropriate for all projects, but it is especially useful for short-form content that has a limited shelf life, such as social media, or for projects with tight time constraints when a translation can be created instantaneously and internal reviewers can edit and polish it. Since Machine Translation is much less expensive, it’s also a great option for translating content that is targeted to reach tier 2 or 3 markets, where marketers often have limited budgets. For these reasons, customers were interested in having it be an option in the Cloudwords platform.
Cloudwords will continue to leverage customers’ own OneTM Translation Memory database for Machine Translation projects. That way, any content strings that have previously been translated will leverage the translation memory to ensure translations use the correct, pre-approved phrases and terms based on your company’s Glossary and Style Guide, which also helps to shorten the time it takes to review and finalize the translation copy. All Machine Translation projects go through the customer’s internal translation review to ensure translation accuracy and resonance.
Customers that have Cloudwords integrated with their marketing automation, content management systems, or Web CMS platforms, can use Machine Translation to quickly turnaround localization projects as needed.
New Features for Cloudwords for Marketo
In addition to Machine Translation, Cloudwords’ most recent product release also includes several new features for the Cloudwords for Marketo integration. We’re continuing to build on this award-winning integration to deliver the capabilities that customers want and need to get their content localized quickly and easily. Based on customer feedback and demand, Cloudwords now offers the following features:
- Support for Marketo Tokens: Cloudwords automatically discovers any translatable tokens embedded within landing pages or emails and extracts the content out of it for translation. Upon completion, new tokens are created and inserted into the appropriate translated versions.
- Template Swap: Source content can now be selected and inserted into different templates for different languages, making it easier to apply already-translated content to multiple templates.
- Project Requestors: With this release, project requestors in Cloudwords have more privileges. They can be added as followers to any projects in their department, enabling more visibility into other localization projects run in their department. They can also request Marketo projects, including emails, landing pages and forms in Marketo for translation requests.
This release offers additional product enhancements to user management capabilities designed to simplify translation workflow, including:
- User Management Page: The user management page has been redesigned with search capabilities to better support large enterprise accounts. The enhancements better enable administrators to quickly find different users and manage their permissions.
- Expanded Audit Trailing: The newsfeed and the task history now provide more in-depth details on usage. Review tasks will now track and display when an assignee has viewed the task or downloaded the files to review, enabling Project Managers to track every step between the tasks assigned to the tasks completed.
Two New APIs
Adding to Cloudwords already robust offering of APIs, this product release introduces two new APIs to the platform: Change Order API and Project Workflow API.
As always, Cloudwords delivers with the customers in mind. We are confident Machine Translation and these newest product features and enhancements will help our customers meet their localization deadlines sooner and across more markets than they expected! For a free trial of Cloudwords, visit http://www.cloudwords.com/page/free-trial.html.